Events and Continuing Education Lectures
Thursday, August 25th, 2022
Dinner: 6:30pm (EST)
CE: 7:00pm – 8:00pm (EST)
In-person: 10465 Southern Blvd., Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
1 x RACE
Courtney Crane, DVM, DACVECC
Please see below…
If you work in the veterinary industry – doctor, technician, or medical support – we are pleased to invite you to a free ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital – Palm Beach County Continuing Education Lecture.
RECOVER – Guided Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This lecture covers Reassessment Campaign on Veterinary Resuscitation, which is the ACVECC/VECCS initiative on CPR with published evidence-based consensus guidelines – the bible of veterinary CPR.
- List the goals of the RECOVER campaign
- Detail the RECOVER guideline recommendations for the preparation of the team and environment
- Know the ideal components of a well-stocked crash cart
- Detail the RECOVER guideline recommendations for Basic Life Support (BLS) including those for recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest (CPA), chest compressions, airway and ventilation, and CPR cycle timing
- Detail the RECOVER guideline recommendations for Advanced Life Support (ALS) including those for monitoring, vascular access, drug therapy, and defibrillation
- Be able to recognize and differentiate the four different arrest rhythms
- Know the indications for open-chest CPR and how this technique is performed’
- Be knowledgeable of the prognosis associated with CPA and CPR, both for return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) and survival to hospital discharge
Please RSVP by August 22nd, 2022 by clicking on a below button of your choice.
If you are planning to attend in person at the hospital, please arrive at 6:30 pm for food & networking.