Our Veterinary Services
ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital Palm Beach County offers Veterinary Internal Medicine services for dogs and cats in our new, modern facility.
Your pet’s healthcare begins with your primary veterinarian, who knows your pet best and can address many of the health concerns that arise throughout your pet’s life. However, when your pet isn’t feeling well and it’s not apparent why, veterinary medicine needs to dig deeper to identify and address the underlying problem. This is where the internal medicine doctors come in. They are the detectives of the veterinary industry who specialize in dealing with complex, challenging, and obscure disorders that affect your pet’s individual organs or entire bodily systems – immune, hematological, pulmonary, urinary, gastrointestinal, respiratory, renal, and endocrine.
Besides the expertise of our Internal Medicine veterinary doctors, our state-of-the-art hospital is equipped with advanced technology such as ultrasound, fluoroscopy, CT, MRI, endoscopy that enables us to perform a myriad of diagnostic and minimally invasive procedures, such as ultrasound, gastroenteroscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, cystoscopy, laparoscopic liver biopsies, foreign body retrieval, and placement of feeding tubes. Our well-appointed ICU provides 24-hour care for hospitalized pets.
Some of the diseases that we commonly diagnose and treat include:
- Infectious diseases (e.g., tick-borne and fungal disease)
- Endocrine diseases (e.g., diabetes mellitus and Cushing’s disease)
- Hematological diseases (e.g., immune-mediated hemolytic anemia)
- Gastrointestinal diseases (e.g., chronic enteropathy, inflammatory bowel disease, protein-losing enteropathy)
- Liver diseases (e.g., hepatic lipidosis and chronic hepatitis)
- Renal diseases (e.g., acute or chronic kidney failure)
- Respiratory diseases (e.g., pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma)
- Urinary diseases (e.g., urinary incontinence and urinary tract infection)
Our Internal Medicine department emphasizes a comprehensive, team approach and works closely with your primary veterinarian and our other specialties (e.g., critical care, cardiology, oncology, neurology, and surgery) to ensure the best outcome for your pet.
Meet our Internal Medicine Veterinary Doctors…
Kimberly Golden, DVM, DACVIM
Lucía Alvarez, DVM, DACVIM
A brief MRI introduction
Click on the below image to find out more.